Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2006, 8:15pm

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « How do you stop being a registred user on Ebay? »

Magic Library Forum
   Archive (no new threads please)
   Searching, Buying, Paying, Shipping, Storing
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, l0qii, dragsamou)
   How do you stop being a registred user on Ebay?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How do you stop being a registred user on Ebay?  (Read 197 times)
felagund

HomerLand

View Profile

How do you stop being a registred user on Ebay?
« on: Dec 14th, 2004, 3:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi guys,

A simple question:

How do you stop being a registred user on Ebay? I have seen guys with hardly any negative feedback and with 500+ positives that are not regisrted anymore. Does it mean they were expelled or they closed the account by themselves? Does the number of negative feedback or shill bidding affect this?

I didn't have time to look for it on Ebay's site so I thought some of you know anyway  Wink

Thanks!
IP Logged
AXIOS

CREDENDO VIDES!!

View Profile WWW

Re: How do you stop being a registred user on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 3:21pm »

can have lots of causes,

shill bidding, account taken over by some russian hackers, other proof of illegal activities (guns, drugs)

my 2 cents
IP Logged

LOVES BIGFATPIMPY!!!!!!!!!
I WANT LOTS OF BOG WRAITHS, PLZ DONATE TO THIS POOR NETHERLANDI
hammr7

Hero in my own mind!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 3:57pm »

It could be that they just want out.  When you join eBay you give them a credit card, and the right to bill it at any time.  When you join Paypal (an eBay company) you link to a credit card and / or bank account, which Paypal has the right to freeze (for everything in it, not just your potential Paypal liabilities) if enoughcustomers complain.

Or it could be some technicality.  I know a fairly large eBay seller who was put out of business for 3 weeks because he forgot to update the expiration date on hs credit card.  After the "old" expiration date passed, they yanked all his active auctions (of course they still charged him for them).   His feedback history was almost perfect and his credit card was still fine, just with a new expiration date, but eBay didn't care.  They froze his eBay account, and when he finally got back on line it took him months to fully explain what happened to his old customers.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2004, 3:58pm by hammr7 » IP Logged

Where have all the Magic sticker sets gone?
mintcollector

Expert Champion

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 8:59pm »

Other things include advertising for other sites in your auction.  Of course many people still do this today but it is almost eBay's discretion if they pursue this violation of policy.  I used to tell new vondors I knew to advertise their sites this way.  For example.  Put up a Revised Underground Sea for 2 weeks with a $.01 start bid.  Even if the Sea went for low, advertising your web site amongst many M:TG players was a good cheap way to advertise.  eBay started doing acount suspensions as a result, which took a long time to get cleared/reinstated.  If you take the time to actually read all eBay policies in detail, you will see there are many loop holes they can axe your account on that people do all the time.
IP Logged

See my current needs here: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mintcollector/
BlackMage

I palindrome I

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 11:09pm »

Or they could've been late for payments when the guy in charge of returning accounts is having a bad day. I thought e-bay charges were auomatically deducted from your paypal account, until my ebay accocunt got banned for it >_>;
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2004, 11:10pm by BlackMage » IP Logged

Son I am able, she said though you scare me watch said I beloved I said watch me scare you though said she able am I son.
dry_cereal

donate crimps for the cause

294706841 294706841   feedmecakes   feedmecakes
View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 4:42am »

yeah, they suspended my account and charged me an extra 15 dollars.  I told them I didn't want to pay.  They emailed me back re-explaining the situation.  I said I understood and didn't want to pay.  They dropped the charges  
IP Logged

The first game of Magic ever was a drunken disaster
alpha fire elemental count = 6
standing offer = $130 for a crimped Summer card
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/bp43/crimps/crimppg1.htm
Celebrindor

328665940 328665940   van8888   van88888888
View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 5:10am »

The worst thing is that they say they will charge my checking accounting 'not less than 21 days' after the notice, and then they take it out at some random time, and get stuck with a $25 overdraft fee....     stupid ebay
IP Logged

As of the 21st, i've been here for 1 year! yay!
justybug

pounced on cat.

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 9:42pm »

seller also could have had some VERO issues or something. i got suspended for selling unprogrammed directv cards for awhile, i'm reasonably sure the only person complaining was someone else trying to sell similiar merchandise, or a card programming service of sorts. ebay has so many of these kinds of items being sold constantly, it just takes someone bringing it to the wrong persons attention to get your life a bit more complicated than necessary.
it happens. if there's no negative feedback i wouldn't worry about it.
IP Logged

send me lab rats in exotic tongues!!
unglued artist proofs still needed.
jbug23 on motl
Annorax

Legendary Creature — Atog

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 4:25pm »

You all talk of bad credit cards and Paypal problems and other Bad Things™.  

It could also be possible that he forgot to pay his listing fees....
IP Logged

Bah,
hammr7

Hero in my own mind!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 4:45pm »

Listing fees are charged monthly against your credit card (which you needed to become an eBay member in the first place).  If your credit card goes bad (you cancel it, it goes over limit, OR it reaches the original expiration date - even if the card has been extended by the credit card company, but you haven't updated your eBay information) then eBay can't bill it.  Then they shut you down, even if it was an oversight on your part.

Of course, a favorite scam is to build a small feedback number with small transactions.  Then put a ton of more expensive auctions up.  Don't allow Paypal so people have to wait longer (for the mail, for checks to clear, etc.).  Then before the first feedbacks come in, de-register your account so no one can leave negative feedback.  That way no one gets on to the scam quickly, and the scammed people can't warn each other what is happening.
IP Logged

Where have all the Magic sticker sets gone?
felagund

HomerLand

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 3:42pm »

Thanks for opinions guys!

On a slightly unrelated topic: do you receive junk e-mails trying to trick you into giving them your account name, password & credit card? First time I received something like this I filled in all the data and I changed my mind before clicking OK since I remembered that Ebay won't ask for anything through e-mail. Anyone had problems with this?
IP Logged
pickle.69

Shivan misprints anyone? Keep an eye on them

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 3:45pm »

I get that stuff every now and then. i also got it for paypal twice or so. well just be carfull.
IP Logged

Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons (esp. Alpha h:6)
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h:57
Unique Misprints
http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading;action=display;num=1093727224;
psrex

psrex1  
View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 3:58pm »

Ebay has a new feature under "My Ebay" that is entitled "My Messages".  It's Ebay's new way of communicating with you, and I suspect that its main purpose is to make the current phishing scams less viable.  Judging from the recent message there though, unless they stop sending their own self-promotions every couple days, no one will ever read their messages, as it's all junk.
IP Logged

Looking for World Championship decks and Vanguard cards. MOTL H/W list
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.