Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2006, 5:10pm

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « T&T's Bad Selling Practices »

Magic Library Forum
   Archive (no new threads please)
   Magic Industry Information
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, l0qii, dragsamou)
   T&T's Bad Selling Practices
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: T&T's Bad Selling Practices  (Read 1323 times)
gzeiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: T&T's Bad Selling Practices
« Reply #30 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 10:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

T&T definitely used to be the best in the business, but it's gone downhill considerably in the last year or so since Jim left. They just don't seem to have the expertise anymore, and they're running out of inventory on the weird things that they used to be good at.

I would now rate Cardhaus.com as the best in the business by a good margin, on the basis of broad selection, good prices (at least on vintage and rarities, which is all I buy) and an impeccable record of honesty and quick service. For example, I know somebody who bought a pack of Beta from them and pulled a Mox... a rare thing these days. They also have a 100% next-day shipping record so far (I live only 50 miles away, but this obviously means they ship orders the day received).

IP Logged
gamingjack

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 3:10am »

on Nov 17th, 2004, 10:32pm, gzeiger wrote:
T&T definitely used to be the best in the business, but it's gone downhill considerably in the last year or so since Jim left. They just don't seem to have the expertise anymore, and they're running out of inventory on the weird things that they used to be good at.

I would now rate Cardhaus.com as the best in the business by a good margin, on the basis of broad selection, good prices (at least on vintage and rarities, which is all I buy) and an impeccable record of honesty and quick service. For example, I know somebody who bought a pack of Beta from them and pulled a Mox... a rare thing these days. They also have a 100% next-day shipping record so far (I live only 50 miles away, but this obviously means they ship orders the day received).

Thanks for the input - someone on a different board said this Jim fellow was all smoke and mirrors and that he really didnt know as much as he think he does.  They said that if it wasnt for troll and toad no one would have heard of the guy.  

IP Logged
Cyberellium

MTG is not a game but a way of life.

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 3:34am »

Hmm I ordered a few alphas from them that arrived quickly and were in correct edition/condition.

Only thing crap about them is their ridiculous prices same goes for star city and cardhaus.

Best Shop = Collectmart 3-4 years ago when they had everything.
IP Logged

Magic: The Gathering: 1993 - 1999.
Gryfalia

Ex Level-3 Judge with an attitude

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 3:37pm »

Erm, did I read you .sig right?  You are collecting a set of starter?  If so, WHICH starter?

I ask because getting a set of starter 1999 is stunningly easy (cept you need to get one starter to get the 'other' cards).  I opened 3 boxes and got slightly more than 1 full set in each box of boosters, like clockwork..

Best collation ever.

Gryfalia
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2004, 3:37pm by Gryfalia » IP Logged
Celebrindor

328665940 328665940   van8888   van88888888
View Profile WWW

« Reply #34 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 4:13pm »

on Nov 18th, 2004, 3:37pm, Gryfalia wrote:
Erm, did I read you .sig right?  You are collecting a set of starter?  If so, WHICH starter?

I ask because getting a set of starter 1999 is stunningly easy (cept you need to get one starter to get the 'other' cards).  I opened 3 boxes and got slightly more than 1 full set in each box of boosters, like clockwork..

Best collation ever.

Gryfalia

Maybe he was talking about starter 2000?  Isnt that quite hard to find?
IP Logged

As of the 21st, i've been here for 1 year! yay!
Cyberellium

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: Nov 19th, 2004, 12:31pm »

Nope amazingly enough it is starter 1999.
I just need to get around to getting the final 35 cards I need to complete my portal series collection finally Smiley

No worries I guess.

IP Logged

normalbrains

dildo extraordinaire

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: Nov 19th, 2004, 8:47pm »

if you need any portal 2, email me  

[email protected]
IP Logged

My H/W: http://www.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/188717.html
Cyberellium

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: Nov 19th, 2004, 10:40pm »

Thanks anyway but I already have complete sets of portal 1 - 3.

IP Logged

gamingjim

One of the worlds Expert in Magic the Gathering

gamingjim
View Profile

« Reply #38 on: Nov 22nd, 2004, 8:03am »

on Nov 18th, 2004, 3:10am, gamingjack wrote:

Thanks for the input - someone on a different board said this Jim fellow was all smoke and mirrors and that he really didnt know as much as he think he does.  They said that if it wasnt for troll and toad no one would have heard of the guy.  

Hi Gamingjack (nice Name sound likes Mine)

Wow Never knew I nave had a name for my self be for Troll and Toad. Well if that’s True why did T&T buy out my company to have me work for them?  Because Of my name and actions in the Magic world.

I do know a lot about magic cards. I have been in Magic from the very begging in 1993 at Origins in Philly where I first saw the game. I am one of the longest active dealer in the business. Also I am the only dealer who has ever been to Carta Mundi where they print magic cards.  My knowledge of Rarities is over whelming. I have bought and broker cards that you or this forum has never seen. I just bought and sold a card in Oct that’s was so rare I can’t tell you what it is, and I have poof that I bought because Ralph (owner of this forum) saw the card.

You may think what you want of me and that’s ok, but you should ask me about my self before going and saying things on the boards.  
Thanks  
GamingJim

IP Logged

Gamingjim
Looking for hard to find magic cards
email me
giediprime41

It's not the years, it's the mileage!

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: Nov 22nd, 2004, 10:25am »

on Nov 22nd, 2004, 8:03am, gamingjim wrote:

I have bought and broker cards that you or this forum has never seen. I just bought and sold a card in Oct that’s was so rare I can’t tell you what it is, and I have poof that I bought because Ralph (owner of this forum) saw the card.

Ok, you've peaked my curiosity.
What card was it? Wink
Daren
IP Logged

I have enough cards to stack them all up, and commit suicide off the top!
Darren
Celebrindor

View Profile WWW

« Reply #40 on: Nov 22nd, 2004, 12:52pm »

Also I am the only dealer who has ever been to Carta Mundi where they print magic cards.

Well?  Tell us all about it - I want to know!

Also, I know you can't/won't confirm it, but my guess is that you bought either a 1996 World Champion or a Shichifukujin Dragon, confirming my theory that they didn't destroy them all.  (but of course you can't say;))
IP Logged

victorcamp

Ad Astra

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: Nov 22nd, 2004, 2:40pm »

It could have also been Proposal!  Shocked
IP Logged
gamingjack

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #42 on: Nov 22nd, 2004, 4:53pm »

Wow Never knew I nave had a name for my self be for Troll and Toad. Well if that’s True why did T&T buy out my company to have me work for them?  Because Of my name and actions in the Magic world.

I do know a lot about magic cards. I have been in Magic from the very begging in 1993 at Origins in Philly where I first saw the game. I am one of the longest active dealer in the business. Also I am the only dealer who has ever been to Carta Mundi where they print magic cards.  My knowledge of Rarities is over whelming. I have bought and broker cards that you or this forum has never seen. I just bought and sold a card in Oct that’s was so rare I can’t tell you what it is, and I have poof that I bought because Ralph (owner of this forum) saw the card.

You may think what you want of me and that’s ok, but you should ask me about my self before going and saying things on the boards.  
Thanks  
GamingJim

Thats a nice little story you have there.  Made me feel all warm and tingley all over.  Just telling you what I heard, I dont know you, and dont claim to.

Anyhow, since you know so much about troll and toad - should I place my large order with them or go to card haus where the prices are cheaper, but the selection isnt quite as large?
IP Logged
ende73

View Profile

« Reply #43 on: Nov 22nd, 2004, 4:57pm »

Wow Never knew I nave had a name for my self be for Troll and Toad. Well if that’s True why did T&T buy out my company to have me work for them?

Maybe because of your English spelling... ?  

Sorry for the joke  Wink ... honestly, Gamingjim certainly does have a respectable reputation in Magic rarities, whoever thinks otherwise is a fool (although to be accurate Gamingjack was quoting people on other boards if I read correctly).

IP Logged
Celebrindor

View Profile WWW

« Reply #44 on: Nov 22nd, 2004, 4:59pm »

on Nov 22nd, 2004, 4:57pm, ende73 wrote:

Maybe because of your English spelling... ?  

Sorry for the joke  Wink ... honestly, Gamingjim certainly does have a respectable reputation in Magic rarities, whoever thinks otherwise is a fool (although to be accurate Gamingjack was quoting people on other boards if I read correctly).

Well, all I know is that I've bought from gamingjim quite a few times on ebay, and never had a single problem.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.